Friday, September 28, 2007

Good things about my job

There are many things which I like about my job. One of the things is something we print on our cups. Its called "The way I see it". Its a chance for people to write in and express a view or a belief. Its meant to spark a conversation. If they are chosen, it will go on the side of a cup. I like this. It doesn't matter to me if I agree with it. I believe that opposing opinions can more than likely make you stronger in your own. When I find one that I do agree with, I get excited. I want to share with you. Its by Colin L. P0well. " All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next generation their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams."

I like this a lot.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That was well said.

Robin said...

That's an awesome quote! Family and tradition are things that can't be bought and are things that we can't live very well without. In that regard, we are very blessed indeed!