Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Busy days and a lot of help!


My son's name is Daniel. He is two and a half years old. Everyday I am amazed at what he knows, does and learns.

He likes to play with cars, he likes the Walmart commercial music and the Pampers Cool Alert commercial music (the one with "Galvin"playing chess), he likes to snuggle (or "nuggle" as we call it in our house). He likes a hundred different things.

One of his favorite things is to be my "helper". He helps me clean the kitchen. His job is to put the new trash can liner into the trash can. (he does it well) He puts the silverware away. (I do straighten it after he is done and his back is turned.) Then he fills measuring cups with water and dumps them out for very long periods of time. I say to him, "Daniel, you are such a good helper". He responds with an echo of "helper".

Today, he helped me fold the laundry. Its fun to watch him. He picks up a sock with his index finger and thumb and gives it a good shake. Then he balls it into the tightest ball that he can and puts it into a pile. He will do this as long as I am folding laundry. :) After we were done folding laundry, I had to write out checks to pay bills, finish the dishes, get into the shower, drop Daniel off at daycare, run to my mother in laws to help her paint, come home and get ready for work. Busy day indeed!

While I sat in the dining room, I kept hearing little footsteps. At first I ignored this. Then I got suspicious that something was up. I was just in time to see the last load of clean shirts go down the steps to the basement. My little helper cleaned out a dresser drawer full of t shirts and threw them down the steps to be washed! That was at 11 am....its now 11:48 pm, I just got home from work. The shirts are still there. I need to nuggle, so I think I will go to bed.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Hey Lisa! I so wish I could see Daniel....and you guys too! Maybe some day we will actually make it there for a visit. One can hope anyway. Love ya lots and feel free to comment on my blog any ole' time you want! -Mindy

Robin said...

I love Daniel's picture! What a fun way to keep current with each other. Post lots of pictures!