Monday, August 11, 2008

For everything else.....there's mastercard

Come and Play....everythings a-ok. Can you tell me where the skies are blue? Can you tell me how to get.....how to get to Sesame Street?


I took my son to see Sesame Street Live yesterday. On Friday I told him that we were going to go and see Elmo and Cookie Monster sing and dance after church on Sunday. He took it to mean that on Friday we would go to church and then go meet Elmo and Cookie Monster......you can see
what happened, right?



I went through a few days trying to explain and cheer up a 3 year old that only wanted to go to church to "meet Helmo and Cookie Monter". I thought Sunday would never get here.
Church is usually a highlight for my baby. He loves it. He likes all of the babies there. So, during the confession of faith, during the Apostles creed.....he talked about "Helmo".

Then....finally 3:30 came. We went and picked up Grandma and left to go meet Elmo.....er...I mean Helmo. They charged $5.00 to park my car.

$22.00 a ticket.
Here we goooooooooo..........this should be great! Right? ......


We got there and immediatly we saw these little whirley light up Elmo toys.....I had to get it for my boy.....a lot of the kids had them!
Spinny thing
$15.00
The popcorn was 4.50, cotton candy 10.00, and coke was 2.00. Stay with me.
Then the show started......
and my baby cried and screamed. Why? Because he wanted to go on to the stage to "meet Helmo!" I went through about 20 minutes of fighting a wiggly and squirmy screaming three year old! Finally, I had had enough! Mommy wasn't going to stand for this awful behavior anymore! I took him to the lobby......intending to have a "talk" with him. Then I saw something and had a great idea. I would buy him his own Elmo to sit with him and then he would be happy. I thought of the Supernanny and how much she would disapprove of this action. Was I bribing my son to behave. Was I rewarding his horrible behavior and letting him know that he would gain from this type of action?
Yep. I may as well be honest about it.


Elmo doll
$25.00

Oh, I am not done yet. When we got back to the show....my mother in law just stared at me....her mouth was open. I was informed that I was spoiling him. I stated...."He is my only child!" Then I got to thinking of all the times my mom brought me and my siblings to the Shrine Circus and all I got was a Kitty balloon! Man....that sucked! Ready?...............




Really big kitty balloon....er, I mean Elmo balloon
$8.00
Talk about buyers remorse.
Well folks....I found Sesame Street! It costs a pretty penny to get there. But it was worth it....and it created a memory. and I learned that maybe I need to work on controlling my spending too!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely hilarious! your right, you did creat a memory.....i'm sure you'll be thinking about that one monthly....for the next 5 years! (including interest) :)
love ya, Missy

Robin said...

By my caluclations this little afternoon on the street cost you a whopping $113.50. My goodness. I have only one question.

Will you adopt me?

Mindy said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories. I had the best time and would never had got to see my favorite Oscar the grouch. because I will not spend 6.00 for a movie ticket.
love you always, Gram

Andrea said...

Jayson and I about died reading this! That is too funny!! I bet he will remember this forever! Oh, and Helmo in church!! Enough said!! LOL LOL LOL